Awards and Certifications
Recognition for Northern Nevada Health System
Northern Nevada Health System facilities have received the following awards and accreditations as a result of their commitment to providing quality healthcare:
- Northern Nevada Medical Center (NNMC) received an “A” for Patient Safety in the Spring 2022 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- NNMC earned the 2020 Leapfrog Top Hospital Award for Outstanding Quality and Safety.
- The Chest Pain Center at NNMC is accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Care for its ability to assess, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
- NNMC received the Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Gold Receiving and Mission: Lifeline NSTEMI Silver Quality Achievement Awards in 2020 for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association® for the treatment of patients who suffer heart attacks.
- The Joint Center of Excellence at NNMC has earned Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Certification from The Joint Commission.
- NNMC’s pain management program earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ in Back Pain.
- NNMC has been certified as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- The Advanced Primary Stroke Center at NNMC was recognized by the American Heart Association®/American Stroke Association® with the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus quality achievement award.
NNMC received the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite award in 2020.
- NNMC’s Spine Center of Excellence is the only program in northern Nevada to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ in Spine Surgery.
- Since opening in 2008, The Wound Care Center at NNMC has been recognized by Healogics, Inc. with the Center of Distinction Award seven times and the Robert A. Warriner III, MD Center of Excellence Award five times.