Northern Nevada Health System provides general surgery options for Las Vegas and the surrounding communities. From bariatric surgery to a number of other surgical procedures, let us take care of your general surgical needs.
Surgery Accreditations and Awards
We are proud of the awards and accreditations we have received for our surgical services.
- The Joint Center of Excellence at Northern Nevada Medical Center has earned Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Certification from The Joint Commission.
Types of Surgeries Performed at NNHS
While general surgery from general surgeons covers a large portion of surgeries performed at NNHS locations, we offer many different types of surgery procedures to meet your needs, whatever they may be, including:
- Robotic surgery
- Elective surgery/elective procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Weight-loss surgery
- Ears, nose and throat surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- General surgery
- Orthopedic and spine surgery
- Pain management
- Plastic surgery
- Retinal surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Joint replacement
- Spine surgery
- Adult reconstruction
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Treatment of traumatic injuries
Weight-Loss Surgery is a common option for patients meeting certain criteria. These weight-loss procedures are performed by a bariatric surgeon. Types of bariatric surgery include:
- Gastric Bypass Surgery. This surgery uses several very small incisions in the abdomen instead of a single, large incision. This usually results in a faster recovery time and less pain. *Individual results may vary
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Gastric sleeve procedures are popular because they have fewer long-term risks and do not require any foreign objects to be placed inside the body. Gastric sleeve bypasses typically lower risk factors for other health issues, as well.
- Gastric Band Surgery. This surgery is performed laparoscopically by placing an inflatable band around the upper part of the stomach. The new, small upper stomach pouch and a narrowed outlet limit the stomach capacity and increase the feeling of fullness. A reduction in food intake results in weight loss.
Northern Nevada Medical Center
Quail Surgical and Pain Management
NNMG – Fallon, General Surgery
If you need a referral to a physician at Northern Nevada Health System, call our free physician referral service at 775-356-6662.