Labor and Delivery
When you’re expecting a baby, Northern Nevada Health System has the compassionate care and amenities to keep you and your baby safe and comfortable. The Family Birthing Center at Sierra Medical Center provides labor and delivery services tailored to your specific needs. We cater to your preferences for childbirth, and we have different options to support you before, during and after your baby is born.
The Family Birthing Center
The Family Birthing Center has many features, amenities and programs to make your experience a memorable one. These include:
- Private labor and delivery suites
- Family-centered services and in-room care for your newborn
- Choices and accommodations for labor and birth
- New-mommy concierge program
- Lactation care to help with breastfeeding
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for babies who need special care
- Support and education classes
You and your physician will decide which birth plan is right for you. This may be a cesarean delivery in one of our operating suites, or a vaginal birth. Our caring team is here to support you every step of the way.
Learn More about Labor and Delivery Services
Northern Nevada Sierra Medical Center
If you need a referral to a physician at Northern Nevada Health System, call our free physician referral service at 775-356-6662.